Claremont CCJ Founding Director Dr. John Eastman joins "McIntyre In The Morning" to discuss the Supreme Court's ruling on the Trump administration's travel ban, and more.
Trump, Executive Power, and the Bully Pulpit
The Claremont Institute and The Heritage Foundation co-host a panel to discuss President Trump's use of executive power.
Our distinguished panel looks at how President Trump has approached executive power in important and novel ways, paying special attention to how the President has asserted greater control over the administrative state, curbed the previous Administration’s use of “enforcement discretion” to effectively change law, and used the power of the “bully pulpit” to advance his objectives and inflame his critics. Claremont co-hosted this panel with The Heritage Foundation on February 22, 2018 in Washington, DC.
• John Fonte, Senior Fellow and Director, Center for American Common Culture at the Hudson Institute
• Adam White, Research fellow, Hoover Institution; Director of the Center for the Study of the Administrative State at George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia Law School
• Charles Kesler, Editor, Claremont Review of Books; Senior Fellow, Claremont Institute; Professor of Government, Claremont McKenna College
• Ryan Williams (moderator), President, Claremont Institute
• Arthur Milikh (host), Associate Director, B. Kenneth Simon Center for Principles and Politics at The Heritage Foundation
Dr. John C. Eastman is joined by Andrew McCarthy and J. Christian Adams discuss the Jennings v. Rodriquez case as well as Sessions v. Dimaya. There will also be an update on the Trump v. International Refugee Assistance Project case. Later in the podcast there will be a discussion on the Gill v. Whitford partisan gerrymandering case.
Claremont Institute Senior Fellow William Voegeli joins The Dennis Prager Show to discuss his PragerU video on modern liberalism's insatiable appetite for big government.
During this interview, Senior Fellow Christopher Caldwell breaks down the effects of the 1964 Civil Rights legislation. Caldwell's interview begins around the 20:45 mark.
Dr. John C. Eastman is joined by Jeffrey Harris to discuss Encino Motorcars, L.L.C. v. Navarro. Later he is joined by John Miano to discuss United States v. Texas.
What is the Constitution's emoluments clause, and what is the argument that President Trump violated it? Claremont CCJ Founding Director Dr. John Eastman joins The Larry Elder Show to discuss DC and Maryland suing President Trump based on the emoluments clause of the Constitution.